First Prize £2.00
Second Prize £1.00
Third Prize 50p
Group/Family entries (classes 57 & 58) are not eligible for prize money.
1. Onions, 3 trimmed or untrimmed grown from either seed or sets
2. Runner Beans, 5
3. Shallots, 12
4. Cucumbers, 3 – may be shown with or without flowers attached
5. Beet, 3 globe or long, any colour
6. Longest runner bean
7. French beans, 6
8. Carrots, 3 any type or length
9. Marrows, pair for table
10. Potatoes, 4 any one variety
11. Ugliest vegetable
12. Tomatoes, 6 fruits
13. Heaviest pumpkin
14. Unusual colour or shape of tomato, 3 fruits
15. Leeks, 3 any variety, trimmed
16. Parsnips, 3 any variety
17. Peppers, hot(chilli) or sweet, 5 any variety
18. Corn, 3
19. Vegetable, not listed above, one variety
20. Apples, 5 cooking
21. Apples, 5 dessert
22. Fruit, not listed above, one variety
23. Asters, 3 sprays, any variety
24. Bunch of garden flowers
25. Roses, 3, any variety or varieties, in a vase
26. 3 stems of flowers grown from corm, bulb or rhizome e.g. Gladiolus or Dahlia
27. Dahlias, 3, any variety, in a container
28. Pot plant in flower
29. One cut sunflower in a container
• Flower Arranging
Arrangement of flowers and/or foliage – 23cm x 23cm x 23cm*
31. 'From the Garden and Countryside'
Exhibit of flowers and/or foliage – 46cm x 46cm, height unlimited*
32. 'Autumn Cascade ' - Pedestal*
Exhibit of flowers and/or foliage
33. 'Coffee Morning'
Exhibit of flowers and/or foliage – 46cm x 46cm x height 30cm*
34. 'Bring me Sunshine'
Arrangement in a basket, flowers and/or foliage – 30cm(L) x 25cm(W) x43cm(H)*
NOTE: *Can be brought already arranged - If you need a pedestal please let us know, or you can bring your own.
• Home Produce
NOTE: exhibitors must provide a cling film or plastic covering for all items in this section, which must not impede sampling by the judges.
35. Victoria Sandwich* (male & female bakers)
36. Tray bake, 6 slices of one sort e.g. flapjacks, brownies etc.
37. Sweet tart or pie – using short crust pastry*
38. Cheese scones*
39. Novelty cake to be judged on decoration
40. Gluten free cake
41. Home made bread, can be including classic artisan and flat bread
42. Cake containing vegetable(s)**
43. Jam, jar of home-made**
44. Marmalade, jar of home-made**
45. Chutney, jar of home-made**
NOTE: Items will be tasted for judging.
*Using recipe provided
**Clearly labelled with name of produce and date made.
46. Item of needlework – display folded size no larger than 30cm x 40cm;
(will be unfolded for judging)
47. Hand knitted or crocheted item
48. Paper Mache Item
49. Painting, any medium, max size 45cm x 35cm
50. Painted Pebble
51. Any other handicraft
Single photographs max size A4 (21cm x 30cm.)
54. Artistic Angle
56. Photograph with caption!
NOTE: All photographs taken by exhibitor; one photograph per entry.
• Families and Groups
57. Remembrance Poppy Creation
58. Fruit/Vegetable Sculpture
Junior and Young Adult Classes
• 7 years and under
59. “Ugly Bug” made from fruit and/or vegetables
60. Painting or drawing
61. Decorated digestive biscuit(s) maximum 5 - see note
62. Photograph taken by exhibitor
63. Flower Collage
NOTE: Covered with cling film
• Age 8 – 10 years inclusive
64. Painting or drawing "My Favourite Thing(s)"
65. 5 Decorated Cupcakes
66. Photograph taken by exhibitor
67. Nocturnal Collage
68. “Ugly Bug”, made out of edible ingredients
• Age 11 – 15 years inclusive
69. Signature bake - family cake or minimum 5 pieces if
cupcakes/biscuits/tray bake - see note
70. Mini scarecrow
71. Photograph taken by exhibitor
72. Painting or drawing
73. Decorated Pebble
NOTE: Covered with cling film
• Under 18 years
Young adults under 18 years are invited to enter any category within the adult section of the show free of charge. Must state age and date of birth on entry form.
NOTE: Ages of children and young adults MUST be shown on entry forms. Age limits for classes are for age on Show Day.